Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mommy's reflections...

Babies aren't babies forever, we know this. Often times when I look at Rhea I am amazed at how much she grows and develops each day. Peeking into her crib last night and seeing that beautiful sleeping angel.... I cried.  I cried because when she sleeps I can still see the outline of her little round baby cheeks, but she isn't a baby anymore. I cried because the last 20mo. have flown by. Some days are much longer than others, but the months(years) pass without much warning. She's a toddler now, independent and always on the move. I love when she runs up and hugs my legs, or beeps my nose, pushes a chair over to the counter because she wants to help me with whatever I am doing, she thinks playing 'peek' over the back of the couch is the most hilarious game... but these days won't last forever either. 

I love motherhood more than anything! I can't imagine giving my life away to anyone other than my husband and kids (God first, of course). Maybe it's just pregnancy hormones welling up inside or maybe the constant internal wrestle inside wondering what others think and critique of our parenting or just being a Mommy the best way I know how to each day at a time, or maybe it's just a moment to be sad and happy all at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment