Friday, March 8, 2013

Welcoming Lynden!

Hello everyone!
Yes, she's already 2 weeks old but here I am finally finding a moment to sit and share a little....

At 9:22pm on Fri Feb 22nd I felt a light contraction. I had had some false labor 2 weeks before so I was not alarmed. I had 2 contraction before Joe went off to work, I told him it was probably nothing, but to keep an eye on his email. The contractions grew more intense but were irregular so I was unsure if it was actual labor or not. I called the after hours nurse around 11:30 and she advised that I go to the hospital because I have a history of short labor (Rhea was 7 hrs). So at midnight I called Al & Linda; Linda came to stay with Rhea and Al drove me to the hospital. I let Joe know that we were on our way. We arrived around 12:30. I was fully dilated (no time for epidural = minor panic). The nurses kept reassuring me that natural is the way to go and that I was almost done. I just believed what they said and kept closing my eyes and breathing through the contractions. Joe signed in at the front desk at 1:16 am. Help my hand through one contraction and the next contraction and push and there she was at 1:22am. Wow. It was an exhilarating experience.

Lynden Kay                                    Lynden means "heart" and Kay means "pure"
6lbs. 9oz. 18.5in                             Matt. 5:8 'Blessed are the pure in heart for they
1:22am 2/23/13                              shall see God'




Mommy's girls

Playing toys ;-)

Bedtime stories with Gramma

Daddy's girls



1 comment: