Friday, April 15, 2011

Our day to day life...

I realize it's been more than a week since I have updated... eek! Sorry.

We are settling down into our new daily life with baby Rhea... which is a fancy way of saying there isn't much exciting going on around here. We have watched baby Mia 2 days this week so that adds another element of fun to the day = ) So far the girls have been fine. Usually their eat/play/nap routines are off just enough that they aren't both hungry or sleepy at the same time. This allows me some one on one time with each of them during the day.

I was looking at our pictures and noticed I haven't caught very many of Rhea's smiles... I'll have to work on that. She has started sleeping 8.5 hrs at night, but it isn't consistent just yet, every 3rd night or so it's only 6 hrs until she wakes up. There are WAY too many variables to  try and pinpoint what makes the difference. I just take it as a good lesson in flexibility and her little way of keeping me on my toes.

Joe has been off this week so we have enjoyed as much of the sunshine that God's given us as we possibly can. Yesterday was rainy tho so we declared it a pajama day for the Dixson's... today is basically the same. But the weather man says more sun tomorrow!

Next weekend Rhea and I will be heading to St. Louis (chauffeured by Uncle Matt) to spend the weekend with Grandpa Bill and Grandma Sue. On Saturday we will drive over to Memphis TN for my cousin Brian's wedding. This will be Rhea's first long road trip, first weekend away from home, first night in a hotel, first wedding attendance, etc. We're praying for gorgeous weather, hopefully it will be a great time! We've been counting down the days!

Tummy Time!

Baby Mia = )

No comments:

Post a Comment